[R] interval-censored data in survreg()

Jerome Asselin jerome at hivnet.ubc.ca
Thu Feb 27 22:21:03 CET 2003

After receiving some feedback, I've realised that
this slight modification corrects the problem, although
I still can't think of a reason why it didn't work the first
way I've done it.

newovarian$time59[newovarian$lower59==0] <-
    Surv(59,NA,event=2,type="interval")

#NOW THIS WORKS...
newovarian$lower59 <- newovarian$futime-59
newovarian$time59 <- Surv(newovarian$lower59,newovarian$futime,
    event=rep(3,nrow(newovarian)),type="interval")
newovarian$time59[newovarian$lower59==0] <-
Surv(59,NA,event=2,type="interval")
survreg(time59~ecog.ps+rx,data=newovarian,dist="lognormal")

Thanks,
Jerome