[R] R problems

janet rosenbaum jerosenb at hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 27 20:53:03 CET 2003

Hi.
I have an ibook G3/800 running 10.2.4, with Mac's X11.
Up until a few days ago, R was working fine but recently it stopped working.

The error I get is:

dyld: /usr/local/lib/R/bin/R.bin version mismatch for library:
/usr/lib/libncurses.5.dylib (compatibility version of user: 6.0.0
greater than library's version: 5.0.0)
Trace/BPT trap

which seems to imply that it wants a higher version of this library,
although I think it's been using version 5 all along.

I've been having a lot of unrelated problems with my computer, so a lot
of things have changed and it's hard to say what might have happened.

Thus far, I have moved all my old X11R6 and X11 directories elsewhere,
including the Library/Receipts for them, and reinstalled Mac's X11 and
SDK, but that didn't work.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Janet Rosenbaum
PhD Candidate, Health Policy
Center for Basic Research in the Social Sciences, Harvard University