[R] Exporting Splus Data to R

Paul, David A paulda at BATTELLE.ORG
Tue Feb 25 18:58:02 CET 2003

Using

> data.dump(c("foo.frame.1","foo.frame.2", ...), file="DumpData",
oldStyle=T)

in Splus generates the requisite file in my working Splus directory.
However, when I use

> library(foreign)
> data.restore(file = "C:/.../DumpData",verbose = TRUE, env = .GlobalEnv)

I get the error messages

Error in as.name(name) : attempt to use zero-length variable name
In addition: Warning messages:
1: NAs introduced by coercion
2: NAs introduced by coercion
3: NAs introduced by coercion

and not all of the Splus dataframes are imported into R (though some of them
are).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I am using R version 1.6.1 on
Windows 2000, Splus version 6.1 on Windows 2000.

Respectfully,

 David Paul, Ph.D.
  Battelle Memorial Institute
  505 King Avenue