AW: RE: [R] Mass: lda and collinear variables

Till Baumgaertel till.baumgaertel at epost.de
Mon Feb 24 09:54:03 CET 2003

On one dataset I have 220 cases of physical data (the variables represent
points on a curve). The Original data set holds about 1800 variables but
I reduce this to a power of 2 (32, 64, ...) with an approximation method
so that the representation of one curve (one observation) with say 32 points
(variables) does not differ too much from the original representation with
1800 variables.

What I was also wondering about: Why does lda tell me about warnings and
not *errors*?

thanks,
till