[R] 4-parameter logistic model

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Sun Feb 23 21:13:08 CET 2003

Christian  -

I acknowledge Prof. Bates' answer and his superior knowledge.
But for the first equation you have typed below, theta1 is
clearly the asymptote as x goes to minus infinity, and theta2
is the asymptote as x goes to plus infinity.

The equation you have typed and the excerpt you have quoted
from the book clearly disagree.  I don't know anything about
the function  SSfpl(), inparticular whether it agrees with
the book or not.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -