[R] Rcmd check does not recognize formal generic function as code object

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Thu Feb 20 01:32:03 CET 2003

Thanks ... there are issues here that I don't understand but your mention
of promptClass prompted me to try promptMethods, and that seems to be the
solution. The following files do the job and pass rcmd path without warnings:

test.R as before

myGenericFun.Rd replaced with

\name{myGenericFun-methods}
\alias{myGenericFun-methods}
\alias{myGenericFun,ANY-method}
\alias{myGenericFun,matrix-method}
\docType{methods}

\title{Methods for Function myGenericFun in package test}

\section{Methods}{\describe{
         \item{object = ANY}{default method}
         \item{object = matrix}{special method for matrices}
}}

\description{A trivial example}

\examples{
x <- rnorm(10)