[R] Multiple Logit/Probit

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Feb 19 17:52:03 CET 2003

Dear Marcos,

At 04:21 PM 2/19/2003 -0600, Marcos R. Rey wrote:
>Does anybody know how to do multiple logit/probit analysis with R?

Assuming that I'm interpreting the question correctly, the multnom function
in the nnet package fits the multinomial logistic regression model, and the
polr function in the MASS package fits the proportional-odds (ordered)
logistic regression model.

I don't believe that there's an implementation on CRAN of multinomial or
ordered probit models, though I do recall previous discussion of these on
the list, so searching the list archive might prove helpful.

John

John Fox
Department of Sociology
McMaster University