[R] plotmath

eac@ma.adfa.edu.au eac at ma.adfa.edu.au
Wed Feb 19 08:24:05 CET 2003

There's something (probably a lot) missing in my understanding of
plotmath. The LaTeX code for what I'm trying to produce is

\log(-\log(\hat R))

My (probably hopeless) attempt at it uses nested group()s:

expression(plain(log) * group("(", -plain(log)*group("(", \hat(R), ")"),
")"))

Can anyone do it right for me, please?

Thanks,
	Ted.

Dr E.A. Catchpole
| Associate Professor              |      ------------------------------
| School of Maths & Stats          |     |  Hon Senior Research Fellow  |
| University of New South Wales at |     |  Institute of Maths & Stats  |
| Australian Defence Force Academy | and |  University of Kent          |
| Canberra, ACT 2600, Australia    |     |  Canterbury CT2 7NF, England |
| e-catchpole at adfa.edu.au          |     |  E.A.Catchpole at ukc.ac.uk     |
| fax: +61 2 6268 8886		   |
| ph:  +61 2 6268 8895             |