Cygwin and R (was: Re: [R] PL/R - R procedural language handler for PostgreSQL)

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Tue Feb 18 18:43:04 CET 2003

ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk writes:

> But R does not build under Cygwin (last time I looked and I would be
> surprised if it would without a lot of tinkering), and the Windows port of
> R does not have libR.so but a different (and much older) mechanism using
> R.dll.

I spent a bit of time on this yesterday -- Brian is correct as always;
I've done a "little" tinkering, and seem to be about 1/3 of the way
there to successfully compiling; currently I'm fixing a failure in
R.bin, but there is a nasty hack that I did, that I'm not showing
anyone, to get it that far.  Don't assume that I'll finish -- vacation
is over for me.

It seems to be (Cygwin / R) a truly weird setup, at least as far as R
is concerned.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini at u.washington.edu
FHCRC/SCHARP/HIV Vaccine Trials Net	rossini at scharp.org
-------------- http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ ----------------
FHCRC: M: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW:   Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX
(my tuesday/wednesday/friday locations are completely unpredictable.)