[R] Help on eqscplot scatterplot

hgoehlmann@gmx.de hgoehlmann at gmx.de
Tue Feb 18 15:49:03 CET 2003

Hi,

I am using the equal scales scatterplot plot (eqscplot {MASS}), into which I
plot a few thousand data points. The data points which accumulate towards
the centrum of the plot are not informative while the data points furthest away
from the centrum are most informative. I therefore would like to create a
combined plot which instead of drawing all data points, would only draw the
less informative data points via a density surface and starting from a defined
distance from the centrum the actual data points would be plotted.

Has anyone worked with this kind of problem? I have tried combinations of
filled.contour with plotting individual points, but I really would need to have
an geometrically equal scales plot. Should I study the lattice graphs?

I would appreciate any comment you can give.

Cheers,
hinrich   d8-)