[R] RMySQL installation and loading errors

TyagiAnupam@aol.com TyagiAnupam at aol.com
Sun Feb 16 06:12:04 CET 2003

Hi R users,

I have been trying to install and use RMySQL on Windows98 for
MySQL3.23.55-max using the pulldown menu. I am getting the following errors.
I read the doc and some archived mails about a similar problem on unix like
systems. Still can't get it to work. Some info below that may indicated where
the problem is:
* The directory RMySQL\libs is empty---I was not expecting this.
* There is a file "README.windows" in RMySQL directory which suggests some
changes using  the re-import utility "reimp", available at

http://mefriss1.swan.ac.uk/~jfonseca/gnu-win32/software/reimp/index.html
This file is missing at this location. Instead there is a note stating that
it is included in MinGW distribution. I installed this, but did not find this
file.
* Below is the info from the installation and loading the library:

> {a <- CRAN.packages()
+ install.packages(select.list(a[,1],,TRUE), .libPaths()[1], available=a)}
trying URL `http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/PACKAGES'
Content type `text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1' length 8948 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 8948 bytes

trying URL `http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/RMySQL.zip'
Content type `application/zip' length 322573 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 315Kb

Delete downloaded files (y/N)? y

updating HTML package descriptions
Warning message:
DLL attempted to change FPU control word from 8001f to 9001f
> library(RMySQL)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library
"H:/PROGRAMLOCAL/RW1062/library/RMySQL/libs/RMySQL.dll":
  LoadLibrary failure:  One of the library files needed to run this
application cannot be found.
Error in library(RMySQL) : .First.lib failed

-at