[R] (no subject)

Duncan Goliche dgoliche at sclc.ecosur.mx
Thu Feb 13 17:14:03 CET 2003

I have two routine tasks that I am wasting time over trying to solve. Can
anyone help?  I want to display the results of some geostatistical analysis
quickly in R before exporting back to GIS . Does anyone have a trick for
overlaying a polygon on an image of a krigging surface (prmat in spatial) in
such a way that the space outside the polygon is whited out (so I trim
within state boundaries)?  Also, has anyone got a function for converting
decimal degrees to UTM within R itself?

Thanks,

Duncan Golicher
Departamento de Ecología y Sistemática Terrestre
El Colegio de la Frontera Sur
Carretera Panamericana y Periférico Sur s/n
C.P. 29290, San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas
Tel. (967) 81883 y 81884, ext. 5115, Fax (967) 82322
Email: dgoliche at sclc.ecosur.mx
Internet: http://www.ecosur.mx/bosques