[R] Problems with Rcmd check on Win 2000 & rw1062

Setzer.Woodrow@epamail.epa.gov Setzer.Woodrow at epamail.epa.gov
Tue Feb 11 19:31:06 CET 2003

When I run Rcmd check on a package on my Windows 2000 machine, I get a
series of error messages like the following:

* checking generic/method consistency ...c:\DOCUME~1\R5018~1.WOO\LOCALS~1\Temp/R
utils138414013: cannot open c:DOCUME~1R5018~1.WOOLOCALS~1Temp/Rin138408157: no s
uch file

It looks as if a Windows style path to the temp directory is not being interpreted correctly, with backslashes not being properly escaped.
However,
I define three different environment variables to point to a temp directory (TMP, TEMP, TMPDIR), and all definitions use forward slashes,
Unix-style,
so Rcmd check has found some other way to construct the path to a temp directory.
Does anyone know how I can fix this so that Rcmd check will work?

--please do not edit the information below--

Version:
 platform = i386-pc-mingw32
 arch = i386
 os = mingw32
 system = i386, mingw32
 status =
 major = 1
 minor = 6.2
 year = 2003
 month = 01
 day = 10
 language = R

Windows 2000 Professional (build 2195) Service Pack 2.0

Search Path:
 .GlobalEnv, package:OPmodels, package:odesolve, package:ctest, Autoloads, package:base

R. Woodrow Setzer, Jr.                        Phone: (919) 541-0128
Experimental Toxicology Division             Fax:  (919) 541-4284
Pharmacokinetics Branch
NHEERL B143-05; US EPA; RTP, NC 27711