[R] Memory allocation, IBM-AIX and R-1.6.2 - addendum

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Feb 10 18:36:03 CET 2003

Laurent Gautier <laurent at cbs.dtu.dk> writes:

> ...sorry for the spam, but answers I get to my previous
> question suggest that I should specify that the
> machine has a *lot* of memory and should be able
> to the instanciation...
>
> Anybody with an IBM mainframe, R-1.6.2 and large
> matrices ?

For whatever it's worth, that size does not appear to be a problem in
Linux. Takes a while, and a lot of memory, to get a summary of the
matrix though (I'm slightly puzzled by that: The memory footprint
appears to shoot up to 1.7G for something that is just working
on the columns of a 319M matrix?).