[R] binary scatterplot

Michael Lynn Fugate fugate at trinidad.c3.lanl.gov
Mon Feb 3 21:11:02 CET 2003

Hi,

When I use the function plot() to plot a categorical variable with two
levels versus a continuous variable, the two levels of the categorical
variable are plotted at the values of 1.0 and 2.0.  I would like them to
be plotted at the values of 0.0 and 1.0.  How can I do this?

Example:

x <- 1:10
y <- as.factor(rep(c("A","B"),c(5,5)))
plot(x,y)

Thanks in advance.

version:
platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu
status
major    1
minor    6.1
year     2002
month    11
day      01
language R

| Michael Fugate                         Phone:  (505) 667-0398  |
| Los Alamos National Laboratory         Fax:    (505) 665-5220  |
| Group: CCS-3,  Mail Stop: B265         e-mail: fugate at lanl.gov |
| Los Alamos, NM 87545                                           |