[R] Bus error with xyplot

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Feb 3 16:49:02 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:00:46AM -0500, Liaw, Andy wrote:
> > From: Martin Maechler [mailto:maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch]

> >     Giovanni> Has anybody else experienced something like the
> > example below?
> > not recently.
> > Could it be that your version of the `grid' package (which is
> > loaded by `lattice') or `lattice' are incompatible (i.e. older
> > than) to your R version?
> > After   library(lattice), use
> >  .path.package()
> > to see where it was loaded from.
>
> This brings up (IIRC) a topic that was discussed on R-devel a while ago:
> Version checks for required packages.  Is this feasible?  Seems quite
> worthwhile to me...

 And there has been some work on it (reposTools, under
 www.bioconductor.org), however, getting this right is not a small
 thing and has some fairly large implications that we are looking
 at. We too would like to be able to do this reliably.

  Robert

> [...]
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.dfci.harvard.edu   |