[R] question: DLL or EXE from R procedures

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Dec 24 16:27:08 CET 2003

      While Uwe is correct about the absence of a compiler for R, one
can call R from other languages such as C.  A description of this can be
found, e.g., from R 1.8.1, help.start() -> "Writing R Extensions" ->
"Evaluating R expressions from C".  Also, the many R functions actually
call C code, which could be called directly.

      hope this helps.
      spencer graves