[R] mailing list for basic questions - preliminary sum up

Fri Dec 19 22:40:24 CET 2003

> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
>

> > In rereading this one idea occurred to me.  What if the entire R help
> > system were turned into a wiki?   That is,
> >
> > ?whatever
> >
> > would take you to the help page, but not on your computer --
> > rather to the same page on the wiki.
>
> This seems to assume that you are attached to the internet (or at least
> that R can reliably tell if you are).

I am not at all experienced with such things but wouldn't it be possible to
handle the wiki html files similar to a package and download the wiki files
on your harddrive?
And everytime when you are connected to the web you can update your wiki
files like someone does with regular packages?
Then R can open a browser, the user can use the wiki but the internet
connection is not mandatory.

regards Martin