[R] R-package install

Arnab mukherji arnab at myrealbox.com
Fri Dec 19 08:33:28 CET 2003

Hi

  I have been trying to get the R Extention supportware going for a while now and have been running to an error I cannot figure out. I am hoping someone here will recognize whats going on and what i may be messing up.

After installing all the components - Rtools, Active Perl, and minGW I created the file structure using package.skeleton(name = "test") with only the functions i want in the package in memory. I subsequently filled in the relevant details in Description and tried to call Rcmd check.

C:\rpacks>Rcmd check test
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory 'C:/rpacks/test.Rcheck'
* checking for file 'test/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK

make: *** No rule to make target `pkg-test'.  Stop.
*** Installation of test failed ***

installing R.css in C:/rpacks/test.Rcheck

* checking package directory ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking R files for library.dynam ...Error: cannot open file 'C:/rpacks/test.
Rcheck/test/R/test' for reading at C:\PROGRA~1\R\rw1080/bin/check line 864.

 I am not sure what the make error wants me to do. Have also looked up line 864 in bin\check - it is
" open(FILE, "< $file")".

any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

Arnab