[R] ESS tab completion for file names

Pascal A. Niklaus Pascal.Niklaus at unibas.ch
Thu Dec 18 16:08:28 CET 2003

Sean Davis wrote:

>I don't think that this works within the R process buffer, but I could be
>wrong.  Does the documentation say that it should somewhere?
>
>Sean

The ESS doc says (section 3.2):

Completion is also provided over file  names, which is particularly
useful when using S functions such as get() or scan() (...) whenever the
cursor is within an S string, pressing TAB completes the file name
before point, and also expands any '~' or environment variable references.

So this should work, but maybe something is wrong with my configuration?

Pascal