[R] mailing list for basic questions - preliminary sum up

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Wed Dec 17 17:59:13 CET 2003

I completely agree with Frank Harrell's suggestion that email is
a problem for beginners (who often don't know about the various
searchable archives, or find them overwhelming because the
massive amount that they contain, much of which is bound to be
irrelevant or too advanced).

I don't think a Wiki is the right thing.  It isn't intended for
the sort of discussion I imagine.  (And I don't know immediately
how to set one up.  But, if someone else wants to do it ...)

However, I volunteer to set up a VERY simple bulletin board using
Bazookaboard, for a start.  If it becomes too big, I may have to
switch to something with more features.  Too see an example, see
my class bb for this term:

http://www.psych.upenn.edu/~baron/p253/
(The course was "Behavioral law and economics," and students did
not have to post their comments this way, so there isn't much
there.)

Or, someone else can do it.  But I do think this is a good idea.

Jon

Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/