[R] Winedit and R

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Dec 16 08:57:17 CET 2003

Patrick Giraudoux wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install add-on in R (rw1070) to work with WinEdit.

R-WinEdt is a plug-in for WinEdt, not for WinEdit (the "i" does
matter!)- For the following discussion, let's assume you mean WinEdt.

 > Libraries Swinregistry and Rwinedt have been installed via "Install
Package(s) from local zip files" from R. However, when I run
library(Rwinedt) I get the following messages:

>>library(Rwinedt)

> Error in loadNamespace(name) : package `methods' does not have a name space
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: package RWinEdt was built under R version 1.8.0
> 2: package SWinRegistry was built under R version 1.8.0
> Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) :
> Package SWinRegistry is not available.
> Either install it or install R-WinEdt manually, as described in ReadMe.txt
>
> Intalling manually looking quite complicated, I am not tempted to take this direction...
>
> Can anybody give me a hint?

Your binary version of the package SWinRegistry is compiled under
R-1.8.0 and does not work for your old version of R.
So either upgrade to R-1.8.1 or install R-WinEdt manually as described
in the ReadMe (in that case you won't need SWinRegistry).

Uwe Ligges