[R] minor documentation typo ?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Dec 15 16:34:58 CET 2003

    JARogers> I believe the following is a very minor typo in
    JARogers> the documentation for merge() :

    JARogers> all logical; all=L is shorthand for all.x=L and all.y=L
    JARogers>                  ^                        ^           ^
    JARogers> Looks like 'L' should be 'FALSE'.

no,  L \in {TRUE, FALSE}  (and I had chosen 'L' for 'Logical').

    JARogers> Someone please alert me if I am wrong. If I am not
    JARogers> wrong, is it appropriate to submit a bug for such
    JARogers> minor detail?

Yes, it is appropriate, (at least when there *is* a bug :-)

Martin