[R] help in lme

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Dec 15 12:39:49 CET 2003

I can't answer all your questions right now, but I can answer the first:

      Have you considered "gamma":  n! = gamma(n+1)

 > gamma(1+1:6)
[1]   1   2   6  24 120 720

      Regarding the other two, have you consulted Pinhiero and Bates
(2000) Mixed-Effects Models in S and S-Plus (Springer)?  Bates and his
graduate student (including Pinhiero) developed most of mle, and I have
found the book to be quite valuable -- if not essential for using lme.

      hope this helps.
      spencer graves