[R] Precision of probabilities in lm or glm

gordon.harrington@uni.edu gordon.harrington at uni.edu
Fri Dec 12 15:11:05 CET 2003

I have major experimental data which appear suitably linear with the
diagnostic plots of lm or glm. The probabilities for coefficients for over a
dozen variables of low inter-correlation are of the order of 10e-6 to 10e-12.
Analyis of trimmed data to exclude outliers increases that range to 10e-16.
Such extreme data lead me to look for every possible explanation. Can anyone
tell me the precision of these results for lm or glm. Am I dealing with
numbers that are meaningless beyond a certain point or are there other things
I should be examining in the data?
--
Gordon M. Harrington            Mail:   3720 Village Place, #6308
Professor Emeritus                      Waterloo, IA 50702-5848