[R] Scatterplot axes

alessandro.semeria@cramont.it alessandro.semeria at cramont.it
Wed Dec 10 15:22:59 CET 2003

plot(y~x,xlim=range(-3,3),ylim=range(-3,3))

Best
A.S.

----------------------------

Alessandro Semeria
Models and Simulations Laboratory
Montecatini Environmental Research Center (Edison Group),
Via Ciro Menotti 48,
48023 Marina di Ravenna (RA), Italy
Tel. +39 544 536811
Fax. +39 544 538663
E-mail: alessandro.semeria at cramont.it

                      "Ellen Kalmbach"
                      <e.kalmbach at biol.rug.         To:      <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
                      nl>                           cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject: [R] Scatterplot axes
                      r-help-bounces at stat.m
                      ath.ethz.ch

                      10-12-2003 14.46

Please, could someone help me figure out what seems to be a very simple
problem (and is still taking me hours...).
I want to draw a simple scatterplot but with 'equal' axes, i.e. I want both
axes to go from -3 to 3. Values for x lie between -2 and 0.5, values for y
between -2.2 and 3. I have tried 'usr' and 'eqscplot' and a few other
options, but it doesn't give me the desired result.
Many thanks!!!
Ellen