[R] Contour plots

Qinghua Song songq at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 9 19:01:13 CET 2003

I am drawing several contour plots in one page. I use "image", and get
several contours. But I don't know how to control the color in more than one
plots. For example, same color corresponds to different dependent values
in different plots. For example, "yellow" means z=100(the highest value)
in plot1, but "yellow" means z=40(the highest value) in plot2--this is
not what I want. In fact,I want the same color corresponds the same depedent
value in each plot. Say, in all plots, "yellow" means z=100,"red" means
z=40, etc. I was wondering if someone can tell me which function I can
use. Because it seems to me that "image" function doesn't have such option
to control that.
Thank you.

Qinghua Song
Department of Statistics