[R] FW: Symposium COMPSTAT 2004

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Tue Dec 9 16:58:30 CET 2003

Dear all,

I just received the following message, and I think it might be of interest
to the R-list.

Cordially,
Roland

> -> all people interested in COMPSTAT 2004 Symposium
>
>                                            Prague December 8, 2004
>
> Dear colleague,
>
> thank you very much for your interest in COMPSTAT 2004 Symposium. This
> is to remind you that the deadline for delivering your manuscript in
> electronic form to the hands of the editors is approaching very fast.
>
> Due to a series of question to us concerning the selection of papers
> for proceedings, we repeat (especially for those who participated to
> the previous COMPSTAT's) that the choice will be done based on
> complete papers and not on abstracts as in the past.
>
> Submission of Papers for inclusion in the Proceedings Volume (subject
> to selection by SPC) is February 2, 2004 !!! For details see:
>
>              http://www.compstat2004.cuni.cz
>
> Please, be in time.
> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> Looking forward seeing you next year for COMPSTAT 2004 in Prague
>
> We remain sincerely yours
> LOC + editors
>
> Please, forgive us if you have received this e-mail more than ones due
> to a duplication in different databases.
>

> PS Most frequently asked questions.
>
> 1) I HAVE PARTICIPATED TO SEVERAL PREVIOUS COMPSTAT SYMPOSIA. WHAT IS
>    THE MOST IMPORTANT ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE?
>
>    During the previous COMPSTAT's the selection of papers and their
>    division as short and standard contributed papers has been based on
>    the submitted two page long abstract. This scheme has been
>    abandoned for COMPSTAT 2004. Instead, the participants are asked to
>    submit the full papers (up to 8 pages) not just an abstract. The
>    SPC will make a selection of the best of these for inclusion in the
>    published Proceedings Volume. These will be reviewed and subject to
>    revision before publication. The other papers that are deemed to be
>    acceptable will be, after reviewing, included on a CD that will
>    form the integral part of the Proceedings Volume. The time given
>    for the presentation may reflect the status of the paper as
>    assessed by the SPC - the allocation will depend on the time
>    pressures in putting together the final programme. In the case that
>    it will not be possible to schedule all oral contributions, SPC has
>    the right to only offer a poster presentation to some of them.
>
> 2) WHY SHOULD I SUBMIT ALSO THE ABSTRACT IF MY PAPER WILL BE AVAILABLE
>    DURING THE SYMPOSIUM?
>
>    The abstracts should inform the participants about the content of
>    his/her lecture. All abstract will be included in the Abstracts
>    Volume produced by the LOC, distributed during the symposium and
>    mounted before the symposium on its web page. Notice also that not
>    all people have with them always a notebook to check abstracts on
>    the CD. Both SPC and LOC hope it will be more easy for the
>    participants to orient oneself and to chose the session where to
>    go. Latest day for the authors by which abstracts of submitted
>    contributions and invited papers must be delivered to the LOC in
> [...]

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Research.  Should you receive a mail that is apparently from a MPI user without this text displayed, then the address has most likely been faked.   If you are uncertain about the validity of this message, please check the mail header or ask your system administrator for assistance.