[R] RE: R performance questions

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Thu Dec 4 05:56:35 CET 2003

"Michael Benjamin" <msb1129 at bellsouth.net> writes:

> I was just looking ahead two or three years--where is all this genomic
> array research headed?  I guess I'm concerned about scalability.

Me too -- but at least in the near future, data will be growing more
than the capacity to process it.

> Is anyone really working on implementing affy on a cluster/Beowulf?
> That sounds like a real challenge.

Yes and no.  Depends on which components you want to deal with, and
how you want to work with the data.

Everything (with respect to speed/capacity/etc) is especially
contextual -- applications and approximations will be quite
important.

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}