[R] Rd Files?

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Tue Dec 2 18:08:05 CET 2003

"Wolski" <wolski at molgen.mpg.de> writes:

> I have seen the output and it does not matter to me anymore if prompt
> or package.skeleton works on any platform. I hope it wasn't a too big
> heresy.  If someone would ask me what are the week point of R, then
> the only one that pops up immediately, is that the documentation to
> functions have to be stored in a separate file than the code.  I am a
> big R/S fan.  But its a pity that comments above or below the function
> declaration are not recognized by the help system. Therefore "prompt"

Doug Bates commented on the possibility of patching Doxygen to do
this, once long ago.  Not sure if anyone took it anywhere, though.
It's a reasonable system for assisting with documentation in a number
of languages, though it could be improved.  That would be nice, since
then one would get C docs "for free".

Another alternative is to write a noweb lit-prog file, and then generate
your package via noweb (NOT Sweave, though you get double duty, since
if it's written right, you can stick the original doc in as a
vignette).

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}