[R] help with random numbers and Rmpi

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Tue Dec 2 00:35:46 CET 2003

Faheem Mitha <faheem at email.unc.edu> writes:

> So, can this (parallelization at the C level) be done without running a
> bunch of C slaves along the lines I had previously written? Any examples
> would be helpful.

How much heavy lifting happens before you spawn the slaves, and can
that not be moved to R?

Your best bet is to read the SNOW code for handling SPRNG/RSPRNG,
otherwise.

Good luck!

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}