[R] hdf library for windows

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at health.wa.gov.au
Mon Dec 1 06:44:21 CET 2003

The question puzzled me at first, because of your use of "library". It
looks as if the hdf5 r "package" utilises the "windows hdf5 library"
binary.

My reading is that you will have to compile the package yourself after
you have downloaded the hdf windows dll from hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu The
instructions are in win.readme.txt of the package source which you can
download at planetmirror or aarnet.

I think the use of the hdf dll is the reason a windows binary cannot be
made available for direct download.

Ciao, Tom

Tom Mulholland
Senior Policy Officer
WA Country Health Service
Tel: (08) 9222 4062

The contents of this e-mail transmission are confidential an...{{dropped}}