[R] R and pointer

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Fri Aug 29 15:46:24 CEST 2003

Three references that are of interest (the two first are related to the
idea of using environments to do the job):

 [1] http://www.maths.lth.se/help/R/ImplementingReferences/
 [2] http://www.maths.lth.se/help/R/R.oo/
 [3] http://www.omegahat.org/OOP/

All of the above are written in the light object-oriented programming,
but from [1] you quite easily get what is needed for just emulating
"pointers". Be careful though as R is a functional language.

Best wishes

Henrik Bengtsson
Lund University