[R] Cook-distance-type plot (vertical bars)

Frank Gibbons fgibbons at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 28 19:52:48 CEST 2003

Thanks to all who responded, and so promptly too: it works exactly as you
describe.

> > Figure 13 of Emmanuel Paradis's "R for Beginners" was produced by termplot
> > working on an aov object.
>
>No, it was produced by plot() working on a aov object, as its caption
>indicates.  The termplot() is Figure 14.

Thomas Lumley is quite right, it's produced by plot() (not termplot()), and
it is mentioned on p31 of "R for beginners". My mistake.

In the interest of self education, is there a more comprehensive source for
plot-types that I should read? Ideally, this would be something with lots
of figures, so that I could browse the figures to find what I want to do,
and then look up how to do it. "R for Beginners" goes some way along this
path, but perhaps there's something more comprehensive?

Thanks again,

-Frank

PhD, Computational Biologist,
Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons