[R] Cook-distance-type plot (vertical bars)

Frank Gibbons fgibbons at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 28 19:03:32 CEST 2003

Hi,

Figure 13 of Emmanuel Paradis's "R for Beginners" was produced by termplot
working on an aov object. The lower right-hand plot is labelled "Cook's
distance plot", and I'd really like to produce a similar type of figure,
but in a totally different context. (I'm not even sure what this kind of
figure is called, perhaps an "impulse plot", where instead of a point at
(x,y), there's a vertical bar running from the x-axis up to where the point
would be).

Can anyone give me pointers on where to look for more info. I've had a look
in the places I could think of (plot.lm.R, termplot.R, plot.R, aov.R), and
couldn't find anything. Maybe I overlooked it?

Thanks

-Frank Gibbons

PhD, Computational Biologist,
Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons