[R] discriminant function

Stefan Böhringer commercial at s-boehringer.de
Wed Aug 27 19:55:45 CEST 2003

Thank you all for the quick responses.
However, I'm not sure I unterstand the scaling matrix (denote S
henceforth) correcty. An observation x will be transformed by Sx into a
new vector space with the properties given by the description. What is
now the direction perpendicular to the seperating plane as estimated in
the process of the lda? That direction is what im primarily interested
in. When plotting a lda object I see diagrams with observations when the
plane (here the line) of separation is chosen canonically to be {ax | a
\in R}.

Thanks, best wishes,

Stefan