[R] R on Linux/Opteron?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Aug 26 23:28:05 CEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 03:17:19PM -0400, Liaw, Andy wrote:
> Has anyone tried using R on the the AMD Opteron in either 64- or 32-bit
> mode?  If so, any good/bad experiences, comments, etc?  We are considering
> getting this hardware, and would like to know if R can run smoothly on such
> a beast.  Any comment much appreciated.

http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=r-base&arch=ia64&file=log

has logs of R builds on ia64 since Nov 2001, incl. the outcome of make
check. We do not run the torture tests -- though I guess we could on some of
the beefier hardware such as ia64.

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx