[R] R tools for large files

Andrew C. Ward s195404 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Aug 25 07:06:32 CEST 2003

Dear Murray,

One way that works very well for many people (including me)
is to store the data in an external database, such as MySQL,
and read in just the bits you want using the excellent
package RODBC. Getting a database to do all the selecting
is very fast and efficient, leaving R to concentrate on the
analysis and visualisation. This is all described in the
R Import/Export Manual.

Regards,

Andrew C. Ward

CAPE Centre