[R] help--kernel distribution dynamics

Eugene Salinas eugenesalinas2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 17:36:48 CEST 2003

Deall all,

I'm just learning R, but unfortunately I need to
urgently do a rather more complex task so I need some
help. I have just learnt the very basics a few days
ago and am not ready yet to deal with panels and
kernel densities, so a soft guidance would be most
appreciated.

I have a (very) large panel data set (400,000
individuals x50 time periods) and need to display the
evolution of the kernel density of some of the
variables over time. I can do slices in STATA - eg the
distribution in 1950 and 1990 but they are difficult
to compare due to different scales used. So I need to
have a nice 3D graph that shows how the distribution
evolved over time and am hoping that R can do it.

I'm very grateful for any suggestions, eugene.