[R] LDA in R: how to extract full equation, especially constant term

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 22 08:15:31 CEST 2003

You have the R code: please read it.  Hint: these isn't `an equation', but
LDA chooses the largest of several expressions, and those expressions are
in all the standard books, including V&R and in more detail in my PRNN
book.  For numerical stability reasons the `constants' are adjusted to
keep the largest expression finite in computer arithmetic.