[R] type I and type III sums of squares

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Aug 18 21:47:11 CEST 2003

Not knowing any more details about your experiment and data, we can only
speculate.  If the reason (or part of the reason) that you need to run ANOVA
3 million times is that you have that many responses collected from the same
experiment (or several experiments, but not 3 million different
experiments), you should be able to do the ANOVA computation in R very
efficiently.  E.g., assuming you actually have one experiment with 3m
matrix, rather than computing the same hat matrix 3M times.

Just a thought.  HTH.

Andy