[R] Contouring irregular xyz data via TIN

Kris Nackaerts kris.nackaerts at agr.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Aug 14 14:09:34 CEST 2003

Dear,

I have XYZ data available in a MySQL database. I get it out, can plot
the data with the plot() function, load it into a geoR datastructure.
But what I actually would like to do is a simple contouring of the data
based on a no Kriging interpolation such as TIN based.

I know the first thing I shold do is interpolate a full matrix for the
region I have my points for, then contour should do its work. Any idea
which function can be used for XYZ interpolations, maybe/hopefully based
on a Delaunay triangulation in combination with linear or spline
interpolation. Is there a package that allows me to do this?

Kris

 http://perswww.kuleuven.ac.be/~u0027178/VCard/mycard.php?name=krisn

 http://gloveg.kuleuven.ac.be