[R] capturing output from Win 98 shell

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Wed Aug 13 13:32:38 CEST 2003

Actually, if you read your university's rules about use of IT
facilities, I
am willing to bet they expressly forbid the (down)loading and use of
software
without permission. This was certainly in the small print in all the UK
universities where I had a .ac.uk account. There were some relaxations
for
staff.

The difference is that within academia this rule is universally ignored,
whereas in the .com world it would cost you your job (and your company a
potential audit failure).

Anyway, can I suggest we drop this thread from the list now as having
drifted
too far off-topic? (except to forestall questions like "why are you
still
using version 0.9 - please update", which should be "please update - oh
sorry, now I see your .com address - my sympathies, please try again
using
Windows 3.1").

Simon Fear
Senior Statistician
Syne qua non Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1379 644449
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 644445
email: Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
web: http://www.synequanon.com

Number of attachments included with this message: 0

This message (and any associated files) is confidential and\...{{dropped}}