[R] Comprehesive Package/Library list?

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Fri Aug 8 22:57:30 CEST 2003

On 08/08/03 16:42, Al Piszcz wrote:

>Is there a list of all contributed R libraries available through CRAN?
>Ideally it would include a one or two line description.
>
>I am looking for a packages() command similar to library()
>but that would access the CRAN repository and provide a
>listing of the current libraries, and version.

CRAN.packages()

lists the packages available on CRAN.

And the packages are also listed in the CRAN web pages under
"Source code of contributed packages" with the kind of brief
description that you want.

Another listing is in my R page, with a briefer description.

Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/