[R] Newbie

Tobias Verbeke tobias_verbeke at skynet.be
Thu Aug 7 20:07:24 CEST 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:41:51 +0100
"Marcos Llobera" <marcos.llobera at prm.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> I just installed R's RPM on a Linux box using red hat 8.0. I would
> like to use some graphical interface (e.g. gnome) but I have not
> managed to do it.

type R at the prompt in a gnome terminal and
you can use R.

There is the GUI Rcmdr (see message of Sir John
Fox preceding your message), a package you should
install. Install packages car and foreign first,
because Rcmdr needs them.
(see the R documentation on CRAN on how to install
a package)

If you installed the packages successfully,
type library(Rcmdr) at the R prompt and you
will have a GUI.

HTH,

Tobias

PS using the command line increases speed
and flexibility IMHO