[R] Problem with data.frames

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Mon Aug 4 13:57:38 CEST 2003

What I meant by "like library()" is that this function ensures that a
library
(or should I say package?) does not get loaded twice / duplicated in the
search path. Of course attach() is not the same as library(). Nor is it
the
same as with() - I just thought it might be useful if the help pages
pointed
to each other. Because I have programmed for years using attach() and
detach() and only very recently discovered with() (which is nearly
always
what I want since I work mostly with scripts).

> So how can you tell if the data frame is on the search list

"my.dframe" %in% search() ?

Does anyone have an example of a case where attaching the same data
frame
twice would be useful?

Thanks Prof R. for (another) reminder to read the code - I'm always
forgetting to look there. RTFC, Simon!

SF