[R-gui] Re: [R] Feedback about SciViews?

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Apr 30 18:50:06 CEST 2003

Luke Whitaker <luke at inpharmatica.co.uk> writes:

> At the risk of starting a religous war, isn't java the obvious choice
> for a platform independent GUI ? I know java suffered a lot from
> early over hypeing when it wasn't really ready, but in the last year
> or two I've seen some very impressive platform independent GUI's
> built with java.

Not for R.  One could argue for Python in the same light, as well.

Or even Emacs :-) (yes, it can be done-up with GUI-like features).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini rossini at u.washington.edu http://software.biostat.washington.edu/
Biostatistics, U Washington and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

FHCRC:Tu: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW  : Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments ... {{dropped}}