[R] Interactive Input Problem

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Apr 30 14:33:26 CEST 2003

Hi Sebastian,

that looks more like a problem with your shell. which one are you using? perhaps
it it solved by using another one e.g. bash.  otherwise you can find at the end
of the *.pdf "R-intro" http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-intro.pdf  a
chapter called: the command line editor perhaps that helps.

cheers Martin

Sebastian Huber wrote:

> Hi,
> I built and installed R-base-1.7.0 on SuSE 8.2 without any problems, but the
> interactive R interpreter, has problems with cursor movement:
>
> > ls()
> character(0)
> > ^[[A^[[B^[[D^[[C^[[A^[[D^[[C^[[B^[[D^[[A
>
> These ugly characters are produced by the arrow keys. Does anyone know how to
> fix that problem?
>
> Ciao
>         Sebastian

Martin Wegmann
Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
Zoology III, Biocenter
Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg
Germany