Sweave (was RE: [R] how to present a table in powerpoint?)

Ko-Kang Kevin Wang kwan022 at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 29 21:06:07 CEST 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Thomas W Blackwell wrote:

> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:10:36 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Thomas W Blackwell <tblackw at umich.edu>
> To: Marc Schwartz <mschwartz at medanalytics.com>
> Cc: kwan022 at stat.auckland.ac.nz, jonathan_li at agilent.com,
>      r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
> Subject: RE: [R] how to present a table in powerpoint?
>
> I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned "Sweave".
> I've never used it, but it seems to solve exactly the
> general problem of R-to-postscript formatting that
> Jonathan Li sees a use for.  However, it works via
> TeX/LaTeX rather than by commercial software.
>
> http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch/Sweave/Sweave-manual-20021007.pdf

When I do my presentations I always produce PDF plots from R, insert into
a LaTeX document which uses pdfscreen package, convert to pdf via
pdflatex.

I've heard of Sweave but am not aware its abilities.  Has anyone used it?
What is it like?

(Sorry if this is a bit off-topic...)

--
Cheers,

Kevin

/* Time is the greatest teacher, unfortunately it kills its students */

--
Ko-Kang Kevin Wang
Master of Science (MSc) Student