[R] how to present a table in powerpoint?

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 12:06:21 CEST 2003

>>resulting text file looks nice, but how can I insert it into powerpoint
>>without losing its formatting? When I think more carefully about it, it
>>seems to me that we need a way to convert this text presentation into
>>graphical presentation such as postscript, then it would be easy to paste
>>it into powerpoint without losing its formatting.

  I dont have a Windows machine to hand, but wouldn't it be better to
insert the table as an Excel spreadsheet? Get the data from R into Excel
and then you should be able to insert the sheet into Powerpoint. Then it
will look pretty.

  Write the table out with comma separators, and read into Excel. Or
maybe the DCOM package will help:

http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/dcom

Disclaimer: All untested, I'm using LaTeX for presentations!

Baz